Hutchinson Island in Stuart -October 2008- The Business Development Board of Martin County (BDBMC) is a publicprivate partnership working to promote balanced and orderly economic growth in Martin County by retaining and assisting businesses and attracting desirable new businesses, while preserving the quality of life, and expanding educational and employment opportunities.
In 1984, a proclamation was signed by the Governor designating the third week in September as Industry Appreciation Week in Florida. As part of our state overall economic development effort, Enterprise Florida is continuing this program to make the public more aware of the many economic and civic contributions made by local companies throughout the state. Each year the Martin County Board of County Commissioners proclaim the third week of September as Industry Appreciation Week. The Business Development Board salutes ten of Martin County’s nominated companies at a luncheon held in their honor, attended by more than three hundred of Martin County’s business and community leaders. The awards process, is a nomination process where local Martin County companies nominate themselves or other businesses for honor recognition. This years winners by category are as follows:
- Business Expansion: Louis Dreyfus Citrus; Liberator Medical Holdings; Gulfstream Aluminum
- and Shutter Corp.; Krieger Machine Co.; and Vought Aircraft Industries.
- Newcomer Award: Continental Shelf Associates and Prime Source Accessories Room It Up
- Export Excellence: SOL Inc.; Waterblasting Technologies; John Donovan Enterprises; and Shelter Structures.
- Entrepreneurship: Luxurytrips.com.
- Green-to-Gold: Ecosphere Technologies; Organic Laboratories; and Southeastern Printing.
- Business Innovation: Advanced Technologies Group.
- Charlene Hoag Award: Evans Crary.
ATGI develops disruptive technologies for the aerospace and private sectors. ATGI is an independent, privately held engineering research and development firm. ATGI was formed in 1995 to meet the needs of government and private-sector clients with technological challenges that defy conventional solutions. ATGI has the capability to design, develop, manufacture prototypes and perform tests in their laboratory facility, by providing innovative, timely, cost-efficient design and consulting services. ATGI has seen both our government and private-sector client base broaden significantly.
ATGI provide specialized services to clients that are developing emerging technologies, pushing the frontiers of innovation to develop advanced solutions to challenging problems in the markets of Aerospace, Defense, Homeland Security, Transportation, Marine and Ocean Systems and Medicine and Healthcare. To find out more information, visit the ATGI website located at www.atgi.us
Download PDF – click here